Please note that this blog is meant to be, at times, a somewhat stream-of-consciousness thought process as I write and ponder things. So sometimes my ideas and conclusions will be polished and other times not so much. In other words, I sometimes ramble.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Triple Stamp a Double Stamp

Well I finished week one of my 12 week training plan. It was tough at times fighting the cravings but I got through it as long as I ate something good instead. I only missed one workout and that's because I overslept and had to go to work.

In other news, my old DBZ fan comic, Elsewhere, is currently in production again, thanks to the volunteer efforts of a couple plucky fans. They've taken over the drawing portion and I'll continue hammering out the script details. In the meantime, I can focus on getting Seraph under production.

I'm hoping finishing Elsewhere gets me more exposure as an artist because I suck at marketing my work. I try to do grassroots announcements and things, but I try not to cross the line into outright spamming message boards and such. I have some very supportive fans for my past work, but I really want to try to get word about about Seraph, so that when it starts I can have readers ready and waiting.

I've looked for clubs on DeviantArt, but I'm not sure which to join and submit art to. The christian club I joined seems to be a good spot, but they mostly seem interested in my angelic depictions. I'll keep digging and see what happens.

In other news, we went to Hastings tonight and the clerk there creeped Nicole out. The reason? She said he had the exact same body language, mannerisms and manner of speaking that I do. I didn't notice. He seemed withdrawn to me, which I guess is somewhat like me. She said add "exasperated" to that list of adjectives. Apparently my wife thinks I'm perpetually annoyed. But then, with as much as I rant on this or any blog, I suppose anyone else reading this would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment