Please note that this blog is meant to be, at times, a somewhat stream-of-consciousness thought process as I write and ponder things. So sometimes my ideas and conclusions will be polished and other times not so much. In other words, I sometimes ramble.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Phew!

I'm no stranger to being busy, but usually the context is within my job with the USAF. I've never had so much art stuff going on along with career stuff.

It took me 4 hours just to lay down the flat colors the other day on my Megaman Tribute Book submission. 4 hours! Why am I thinking that someone knows how to do it in minutes. Anyway, I'm looking into the program and trying to figure out how to do something like a layer over the flats where I just shade with black,white and grey and it affects the layers beneath. I think it's Masks, or maybe Multiply. Whatever, I'll figure it out, or I'll go back to doing it the long way, where I shade each of my 10 layers. Either way, at least I'm having fun and I'm excited about how the image might look. The lineart at least looks great.

That aside, I'm working on getting pages done for Seraph. But then it occurred to me that I need to build the blasted website for the comic. Which then reminded me that I need to go ahead and rebuild the entire RMK World site anyway. Which then reminded me that my Dreamweaver CS4 took all non-CSS options out of my hands. So I have to teach myself CSS now to build my site to host my comic. Oh and I need to make all the graphics for the site as well. *bangs head on table*

I'm happy and grateful Kirsty and Daniel have offered their services to make Elsewhere happen. That leaves me with the script writing, conceptual designs and basically superintendence and consultation. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but it's a lot of juggling and communication. I have no doubt whatsoever about Kirsty's ability to do the job and requires little oversight. I've watched her grow as an artist for 10 years and she always impresses.

Anyway, that's it for art. But I still have my college class to finish, and likely more down the line for a new degree. Then I'm also testing for promotion in March which requires an immense amount of studying of technical data and Air Force doctrine. And I have that 12-week fitness challenge I have to make time for, which means both the cooking and time to exercise. Oh yeah, and I'll be hopefully starting back up in martial arts lessons this year. So really, I don't have a whole lot of time to do jack squat further.

No comments:

Post a Comment