Please note that this blog is meant to be, at times, a somewhat stream-of-consciousness thought process as I write and ponder things. So sometimes my ideas and conclusions will be polished and other times not so much. In other words, I sometimes ramble.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Accomplishment

SO week 4 is upon me for the Body Transformation challenge. Week 3 was a bit erratic. I had a PT test (which I performed well on) and 3 days involving my Cardiac Workup. Apparently, my heart is awesome, but I have slightly high cholesterol. But at least I don't seem to have heart disease like the rest of my family.

That aside, I finished my submission for the Megaman Tribute book. It took me over 20 hours, but I think it came out nicely. It's hard to say whether I'll be acceepted, but I have high hopes. Honestly, I wish I was ambivalent about it so I would be honestly surprised if accepted and not so let down if rejected.

I'm still cranking away on Seraph, though I didn't get any pages done like I had wanted. But I don't feel like I've wasted my time. That's a nice change for me.

My New Years resolutions basically revolved around 2 themes: fear and laziness. My wife and I talk often and regret comes up sometimes. She thinks I have regrets as if I haven't had certain opportunities in life and am always looking to the next big thing. That's not true.

The truth is, I have had numerous amazing opportunities come to me in life. I have had so much privilege and blessing. But I've either been too afraid to step out and take a risk to embrace the blessing, or I've been too lazy to sow the seed of the blessing and make something more of it.

So, that's what I've been fighting: fear and laziness. And that's why January has been a satisfying month.

No comments:

Post a Comment